In stock. Dispatched in max. 1 business day.
- Effective: Against tongue-based snoring and mild to moderate, position-dependent sleep apnoea. Important: Use for treatment of sleep apnoea only after consultation with a physician.
- How to Use: The flexible monobloc anti-snoring mouth guard (i.e. upper and lower mouthpieces are a single unit) allows for individual fitting to your dentiture (by warming it up in a water bath and making a custom impression of your teeth). Fitting can be done multiple times. The device is put in the mouth overnight and gently moves the lower jaw forward – the level of advancement can be calibrated from 0-10 mm (infinitely variable calibration). Can also effectively help with mouth snoring by significantly restricting mouth breathing.
- Great Retention: Comes with ribbing on the inside of the channel walls for excellent retention.
- Made in Germany: Manufactured from hypoallergenic, medical grade copolymers. Product includes: Wooden spatula (for fitting process), ventilated storage case.
- Approved: Cleared by U.S. FDA and CE-certified in the EU.
Recommendations: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) are recommended by the NHS for snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat.
You may also like…
Nose Clips Oxyhero Push – Pack of 317.86 $ In stock
Dental Guard SanaBrux for Teeth Grinding, Bruxism and TMJ71.37 $ In stock
Mandibular Advancement Device SomnoFit83.29 $ In stock
Mandibular Advancement Device SnorBan59.46 $ In stock
XyliMelts Adhesive Tablets for Dry Mouth / Xerostomia19.05 $(0.48 $ / t)In stock
How to choose the right anti-snoring device
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline on how to choose the right anti-snoring device for your specific type of snoring.
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e. you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e. you are a tongue-based snorer), then SomnoGuard 3 is the right device for you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e., you are a mouth-based snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
- Length: 1.97“ (5 cm)
- Width: 2.56“ (6.5 cm)
- Height: 0.28“-0.98“ (0.7- 2.5 cm)
- Size of the ridge covering the teeth: 5.9“x0.78“ (15 x 2 cm)
- Advancement 0-10 mm (infinitely variable calibration)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average. Bruxism (teeth grinding) can reduces SnorBan‘s lifespan significantly.
Important Product Advice
As with every other snoring mouthpiece, SomnoGuard 3 requires two to three weeks until you get accustomed to the device, since it will be perceived as a foreign body at first. Moreover, the SomnoGuard 3 purposely blocks mouth breathing to a great extent in order to keep the palate from drying out and to make you switch to the healthier form of breathing, i. e. nasal respiration. In the case you have a cold or suffer from pollen allergy, you should make sure to keep your nose clear by using a nasal dilator (e.g., somnipax breathe), a nasal rinse (such as NoseBuddy) or a decongestant nasal spray for instance.
SomnoGuard 3 may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or large overbite,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable denture or have problems with the upper or lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnoea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT-specialist).
How to Use and Clean
Somnoguard 3 is used overnight. At first, briefly rinse with cold water, then place it in the mouth and if necessary, adjust the degree of advancement with which the anti-snoring mouth guard is supposed to move your lower jaw forward. You can find detailed instructions on how to fit SomnoGuard 3 to your teeth in the insert, which you download here.
You can clean your SomnoGuard 3 anti-snoring mouth guard with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to your cup and clean the anti-snoring mouth guard in the solution with a toothbrush. After max. 1 minute, take SomnoGuard 3 out of the liquid and rinse with clear water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or liquids (e.g., BONYplus tabs or the Curaprox Weekly Concentrate). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners! The ingredients (in particular abrasives) may damage the SomnoGuard’s surface.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘personal hygiene products’) can only be returned if the packaging seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.
Be the first to review “Anti-Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoGuard 3” Write a customer review
Vragen & antwoorden van de klanten
A You can also use the splint in case of slight overbite. The lower jaw feed would then simply be reduced in your case. From a technical point of view, this is no problem, as the feed rate of this rail can be steplessly adjusted to a range of 0-10 mm.