$166.69 (incl. VAT)
In stock. Dispatched within 1-3 business days.
- Highly Effective: Against snoring while lying on your back (so-called tongue-based snoring) and position-dependent light / moderate sleep apnoea. Suitable for normal to large jaws. Please note: Use for treatment of sleep apnoea only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT).
- How to Use: Flexible, two-piece anti-snoring mouthpiece which can be individually fitted to your teeth. The anti-snoring mouthpiece’s upper and lower part are connected to one another with the help of a set screw. Gently moves the lower jaw forward (0 – 10mm), thus opening the airways (obstructed airways are one of the main causes of snoring).
- Great Comfort: Made in Germany from top-quality, medical grade and hypoallergenic synthetics. Mandibular advancement infinitely variable between 0 – 10 mm through a special screw thread. Two-part design allows for lateral jaw movement. Product includes: Ventilated storage box, 2 stainless steel adjustment screws, open-end spanner /wrench, screwdriver, lock nut.
- Approved: This device is cleared by the FDA and CE-certified.
Recommendations: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) are recommended by the NHS for snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat.
How to choose the right anti-snoring device
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline on how to choose the right anti-snoring device for your specific type of snoring.
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e. you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e. you are a tongue-based snorer), then SomnoGuard AP 2 is the right device for you. If you also snore while you sleep on the side, then chances are low that SomnoGuard AP 2 will help you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e. you are a mouth-based snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
- Mandibular Advancement: 0-10 mm (infinitely variable, screw mechanism)
- Total Length (back to front): 1.7“ (4.4 cm)
- Width: 2.64“ (6.9 cm)
- Total Height: 1.14“ (2.9 cm)
- Width the ridge covering the teeth: 0.75“ (1.9 cm)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average (bruxism / teeth grinding significantly reduces the product durability)
If you are unsure whether the mandibular advancement device fits your jaw, we have a tip for you: Cut a square out of a thicker, clean cardboard box, just big enough to fit in your mouth and cover your teeth. Put the piece of cardboard in your mouth and bite hard on it once. Your jaw impression should now be clearly visible on the cardboard. You can now measure the length and width of your jaw impression with a ruler. Then compare these measurements with the width and length of the mandibular advancement device that we specified in the “Technical data” section. The length and width of the MAD should be at least 1 mm greater than the length and width of your jaw impression. If this is the case, then it is suitable for your jaw size.
Important Product Advice
Initially, the anti-snoring mouthpiece may feel uncomfortable in the mouth. Usually, it takes about two to three weeks to get accustomed to the device and no longer perceive SomnoGuard AP 2 as a foreign body.
SomnoGuard AP 2 may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or large overbite,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable denture or have problems with the upper or lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnoea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT-specialist).
Fitting & Cleaning Instructions
Put the upper jaw part of the SomnoGuard AP anti-snoring mouthpiece in a boiling water bath for a few minutes. Afterwards, leave it to cool for a few seconds. The material should now be warm and no longer hot. If that is the case, place it onto the teeth of the upper jaw and let it cool down and harden. Proceed the same way with the lower jaw part of the anti-snoring mouthpiece. In doing so, the set screw should already be fully driven into the thread. Do not insert the bottom part into the mouth separately, but rather connect it to the part intended for the upper jaw beforehand by using the screws supplied with the product.
You can clean the Mandibular Advancement Device with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and use a toothbrush to clean the device in the solution. After maximum one minute, take the snoring mouthpiece out of the solution again and rinse with water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or gels (e. g. BONYplus tabs or the Curaprox-cleaner). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners, the ingredients may damage the surface of the snoring mouthpiece.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘personal hygiene products’) can only be returned if the packaging seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.