In stock. Dispatched in max. 1 business day.
Mouthpiece for Snoring Snorflex
- Effective: Against snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnoea. Important: Use for treatment of sleep apnoea after consultation with a physician (e.g., an ENT-specialist).
- How to Use: You can custom-mold the product by warming it up in a water bath and then making an impression of your teeth. The device is put in the mouth overnight and gently moves the lower jaw forward (mandibular advancement) with the inherent power of rubber bands.
- Great Comfort: Individual adjustment and high-quality medical-grade plastic cater for a pleasant wearing comfort.
- Included in the delivery: Wooden tongue-spatula for fitting, ventilated storage box .
Recommendations: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) are recommended by the NHS for snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat.
How to choose the right anti-snoring device
Avoid snoring with the help of the Snorflex mouthpiece! It is a so-called bi-bloc mouthpiece, meaning that it comprises of two seperate mouthpieces. Generally, this reduces the time to get accustomed to the device considerably compared to a monobloc mouthpiece (i.e. upper and lower mouthpieces are a single unit). It also increases wearing comfort as Snorflex allows for lateral movements. Snorflex also protects the sensitive incisors by distributing the pressure evenly onto all teeth.
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline on how to choose the right anti-snoring device for your specific type of snoring.
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e. you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e. you are a tongue-based snorer), then Snorflex is the right device for you. If you also snore while you sleep on the side, then chances are low that Snorflex will help you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e. you are a mouth-based snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
- Mandibular Advancement: 0-10 mm (Flexible rubber bands)
- One size fits all
- Total width of mouthpiece: 2.56“ (6.5 cm); width of bar: 0.71“ (1.8 cm)
- Total length (measured from the rear to the front): 1.57“ (4 cm)
- Total height: 1.1“ (2.8 cm)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average. Bruxism (teeth grinding) can reduces SnorBan‘s lifespan significantly.
Important Product Advice
At the beginning, Snorflex may feel unfamiliar in the mouth. It usually takes two to three weeks until you get accustomed to the device and no longer perceive Snorflex as a foreign body.
The mouthpiece for snoring may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or large overbite,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable denture or have problems with the upper or lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnoea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT-specialist).
How to Fit, Use and Clean
The mouthpiece can be custom-molded by heating it in a water bath. The Snorflex insert explains the fitting process in detail. You should make sure that the device fits comfortably and that it doesn’t pinch anywhere. Afterwards, the two parts of the mouthpiece are connected at both outer sides using the rubber bands supplied with the product, one band for each side. To make it easier to affix the bands, simply use a pair of tweezers.
You can clean the Mandibular Advancement Device with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and use a toothbrush to clean the device in the solution. After maximum one minute , take the snoring mouthpiece out of the solution again and rinse with water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or gels (e. g. BONYplus tabs or the Curaprox-cleaner). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners, the ingredients may damage the surface of the snoring mouthpiece.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘personal hygiene products’) can only be returned if the packaging seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.