In stock. Dispatched in max. 1 business day.
- Effective: Against snoring and mild sleep apnoea. Stops two snoring causes at the same time, namely tongue-based and mouth-based snoring. The design prevents mouth breathing (which triggers mouth-based snoring) and in addition prevents your tongue from partially blocking the back of your throat (thus, eliminating tongue-based snoring).
- How to Use: The mandibular advancement device allows for individual fitting (by warming it up in a water bath and making a custom impression of your teeth). In doing so, the mandibular advancement (extent by which the lower jaw is moved forward) can be calibrated from 0 – 10 mm (infinitely variable calibration). Fitting can be repeated multiple times. Is put in the mouth overnight.
- Premium: Made in the USA from medical-grade synthetics (BPA- and latex-free). A storage box is also included in the delivery.
Recommendations: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) are recommended by the NHS for snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat.
You may also like…
FaceFormer Trainer – Great Snoring Exercises44.07 $ In stock
Anti-Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoGuard 371.37 $ In stock
Nasal Dilator somnipax breathe15.48 $ In stock
BONYplus Express Daily Cleanser Tabs for Dentures and Snoring Mouthpieces7.14 $(0.23 $ / t)In stock
Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoFit83.29 $ In stock
How to choose the right anti-snoring device
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline on how to choose the right anti-snoring device for your specific type of snoring.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e. you are a tongue-based snorer), then SnorBan is the right device for you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e. you are a mouth-based snorer), then SnorBan is the right product for you as well. SnorBan blocks mouth breathing and, therefore stops mouth snoring effectively. Alternatively, you could consider somnipax shield for ending mouth snoring.
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e. you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- Total width of device: 2.44” (6.2cm); width of the ridge covering the teeth: max. 0.6” (1.5cm)
- Total length: (measured from back to the front): 1.81“ (4.6 cm)
- Height of device: max. 0.91“ (2.3 cm)
- Advancement: 0-10 mm (infinitely variable, monobloc)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average. Bruxism (teeth grinding) can reduces SnorBan‘s lifespan significantly.
If you are unsure whether the mandibular advancement device fits your jaw, we have a tip for you: Cut a square out of a thicker, clean cardboard box, just big enough to fit in your mouth and cover your teeth. Put the piece of cardboard in your mouth and bite hard on it once. Your jaw impression should now be clearly visible on the cardboard. You can now measure the length and width of your jaw impression with a ruler. Then compare these measurements with the width and length of the mandibular advancement device that we specified in the “Technical data” section. The length and width of the MAD should be at least 1 mm greater than the length and width of your jaw impression. If this is the case, then it is suitable for your jaw size.
Important Product Advice
Caution: It may take a little longer (appox. 2-3 weeks) until you get used to the mandibular advancement device and no longer perceive SnorBan as a foreign body in the mouth.
SnorBan may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or large overbite,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable dental prosthesis, have dentures or dental bridges or have problems with the upper and lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnoea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT).
How to Fit and Clean
For individual fitting to your teeth, briefly put the SnorBan mandibular advancement device into hot water. The plastic becomes soft and mouldable. By firmly biting into the warm device, you fit the Snorban to your jaw and teeth. After the device has cooled down, it keeps the form of its dental impression and fits perfectly. An exact fit is important so that pressure is distributed evenly onto your teeth. For more information on the fitting process, you can download the SnorBan insert here.
You can clean the mandibular advancement device with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and clean the device in the solution with a toothbrush. After max. 1. minute, take the mandibular advancement device out of the solution again and rinse with clear water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or liquids (e.g., BONYplus tabs or Curaprox Weekly Concentrate). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners! The ingredients (in particular, abrasives) may damage the mandibular advancement device’s surface.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘personal hygiene products’) can only be returned if the packaging seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.