Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoFit
In stock. Dispatched in max. 1 business day.
Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoFit
- Highly Effective: Against tongue snoring (i.e., you only snore while you sleep on your back) and position-dependent mild to moderate sleep apnea. Suitable for normal to large jaw. Important: Use for treatment of sleep apnea only after consultation with physician (for instance, your ENT or pneumologist).
- How to Use: Is worn in the mouth overnight. Keeps your airway clear by gently moving your lower jaw (and, therefore, your tongue base) forward – this allows the air to circulate freely during your sleep. Mandibular advancement can be calibrated with bands in six different steps, ranging from +3 mm to 10.5 mm advancement (on average).
- Great Comfort: Highly flexible snoring mouth guard which can be individually fitted to your teeth (through warming up the device in a water bath and taking a custom impression of your teeth). Fitting can be reiterated multiple times and provides optimal wearing comfort. Nonirritating design.
- Made in Switzerland: Manufactured from super-smooth, top-quality medical-grade synthetics, free of plasticizers. Product includes: Thermometer and bite fork for optimal fitting process, ventilated blue storage box.
- Approved: This device is cleared by the FDA and CE-certified in the EU.
Product / Snoring Cause Fit
When choosing an anti-snoring device, you should double-check whether the device really fits to your snoring cause. Even the best device cannot help you if it does not address your snoring cause. Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline for the right product / snoring cause fit:
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e., you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e., you are a tongue snorer), then SomnoFit is the right device for you. If you also snore while you sleep on the side, then chances are low that SomnoFit will help you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e., you are a mouth snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
Still unsure? Then take our anti-snoring test or shot us an e-mail. We are happy to help!
- Total length of snoring mouth guard (measured from the back to the front): 1.8″ (4.6 cm); total width of mouth guard: 2.36″ (6 cm); total height of mouth guard: max. 0.55″ (1.4 cm)
- 6 mandibular advancement steps: +3 mm, +5 mm, +6 mm, +7.5 mm, +9 mm +10.5 mm advancement (the actual value may deviate from the standard depending on the patient’s jaw)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average (bruxism / teeth grinding significantly reduces the product durability)
Important Product Advice
Initially, the snoring mouth guard may feel uncomfortable in the mouth. Usually, it takes about two to three weeks to get accustomed to the device and no longer perceive SomnoFit as a foreign body.
Somnofit may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or your overbite is very strong,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable denture or have problems with the upper or lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT-specialist).
Fitting & Cleaning Instructions
Only a few simple steps are required for fitting SomnoFit to your teeth: Place the piece of the snoring mouth guard that is intended for the upper jaw in a water bath. Increase heat until the ideal temperature has been reached (for measurement there is a thermometer included). Leave the device in the hot water bath for two minutes. Afterwards, place the snoring mouth guard onto the upper dental arch and press on it firmly (Even after the water bath the material is not too hot for that). Repeat the procedure with the piece intended for the lower jaw. Then you can attach one of the bands to both parts of the snoring mouth guard in order to calibrate the advancement appropriately – the shorter the band, the stronger the advancement. Download the full SomnoFit insert here.
You can clean your snoring mouth piece with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and clean the device in the mouthwash solution with the help of a toothbrush. After one minute at the latest, take the mouth piece out of the solution again and rinse with clear water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or gels (e. g. BONYplus tabs or the CURAPROX cleaner products). By no means use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners! The ingredients (in particular, abrasives) may damage the snoring mouthpiece’s surface.
In the case of a strong overbite, it may be that the bands which are included are not long enough. But there is a simple solution to this, which we outlined for you here (“How to use the SomnoFit in case of a strong overbite”).
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘hygiene products’) can only be returned if the hygienic seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.
Vragen & antwoorden van de klanten
Q Do I have to go to the dentist with the SomnoFit so that he adapts? Should not I take a dentist's... answer nowA
Somnofit is a very high quality product, which can usually be adapted by the customer himself. No help from the dentist is needed. Of course, there may be special cases in which the dentist should make the adjustment - especially if there are severe malocclusions or large gaps in the tooth structure (i. e. many teeth are missing). The fact that you visit the dentist in these cases is, however, not a special feature of Somnofit but also applies to all other high-quality, thermoplastic assembly lines on the market.
Even if one adds dental adjustment costs, Somnofit costs with 100-150 EUR significantly less than a dental manufactured anti-snoring splint, which costs approx. 500 EUR (entry-level model) up to 1000 EUR (for a high-quality model).
However, a tailor-made track can not exclude the following risks: (i) it does not reduce the snoring or not significantly because it is not the appropriate remedy for the actual snoring cause (snoring can have many different causes have: see also our overview of snoring causes); (ii) that the patient does not come to terms with the feeling of a foreign body in the mouth even after the adaptation period.