Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoFit-S
In stock. Dispatched in max. 1 business day.
Out of stock
Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoFit-S
- Highly Effective: Against tongue snoring (i.e., you only snore while you sleep on your back) and position-dependent mild to moderate sleep apnea. Suitable for normal to rather small jaw. Important: Use for treatment of sleep apnea only after consultation with physician (for instance, your ENT or pneumologist).
- How to Use: Is worn in the mouth overnight. Keeps your airway clear by gently moving your lower jaw (and, therefore, your tongue base) forward – this allows the air to circulate freely during your sleep. Mandibular advancement can be calibrated with bands in eight different steps, ranging from +0 mm to +12 mm advancement (on average). Allows for free lateral movement.
- Great Comfort: Highly flexible snoring mouth guard which can be individually fitted to your teeth (through warming up the device in a water bath and taking a custom impression of your teeth). Fitting can be reiterated multiple times and provides optimal wearing comfort. Nonirritating design. Considerably flatter than the predecessor model SomnoFit, thanks to its ultra-flat and elegant design, therefore even better wearing comfort.
- High-End: Made in Switzerland of high-quality and solid medical-grade synthetics, free of plasticizers. Included in the delivery: Thermometer and bite fork for fitting process, ventilated storage box in blue.
You may also like…
Anti Snore Pillow Piano65.52 $ In stock
Mouth Guard somnipax shield (for Mouth Snoring)83.39 $ In stock
Anti Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoGuard AP 2166.69 $ In stock
STAUDT Gel Against Arthritis, Joint Pain, Knee Pain, Shoulder Pain and Tennis Elbow (500 ml / 16.9 fl. oz)47.54 $(95.08 $ / L)In stock
Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoFit83.29 $ In stock
Product / Snoring Cause Fit
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline for the right product / snoring cause fit:
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e., you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e., you are a tongue snorer), then SomnoFit-S is the right device for you. If you also snore while you sleep on the side, then chances are low that SomnoFit-S will help you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e., you are a mouth snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
Still unsure? Then take our anti-snoring test or shot us an e-mail. We are happy to help!
- Total length of snoring mouthpiece (measured from back to the front): 1.8” (4.6 cm)
- Total width: 2.3” (5.8 cm), width of bar: max. 0.6” (1.5 cm)
- Height: max. 0.5” (1.2 cm)
- 8 mandibular advancement levels: +0 mm / +3 mm / +6 mm / +7.5 mm / +9 mm / +10.5 mm / + 12 mm (the actual value may deviate from the standard depending on the patient’s jaw)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average (Bruxism / teeth grinding can reduce the durability significantly)
- Product contents: 2 snoring mouthpiece parts, 8 bands, ventilated storage box, floating thermometer, bite fork
Important Product Advice
Initially, the snoring mouthpiece may feel uncomfortable in the mouth. Usually, it takes about two to three weeks to get accustomed to the device and no longer perceive SomnoFit-S as a foreign body.
SomnoFit-S may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or your overbite is very strong,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable dental prosthesis, have dentures or dental bridges or have problems with the upper and lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT).
Fitting & Cleaning Instructions
Adjustment can be made in several easy steps: Heat up a water bath and wait until the ideal temperature has been reached (thermometer included for measuring the temperature). Afterwards, immerse the upper jaw part of the snoring mouthpiece into the hot water bath and then use the bike fork to take it out again. Place it onto the upper dental arch and press firmly (the material won’t be too hot for fitting after you took it out of the water bath). Repeat the procedure with the lower jaw piece . Once this is done, take one of the advancement bands and attach it to both parts of SomnoFit-S. This allows you to adjust the advancement properly – the shorter the band, the stronger the advance. Please follow the directions, which you will find in the enclosed instruction manual.
At night, simply place the splint in your mouth. There the device will displace your mandible forward, thus preventing a constriction or even blockage of the respiratory tract – one of the main causes of snoring.
You can clean the anti-snore protrusion splint with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and use a toothbrush to clean the device in the solution. After one minute at the latest, take the splint out of the solution again and rinse with clear water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or gels (e. g. BONYplus tabs or the Curaprox-cleaner). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners! The ingredients may damage the splint’s surface.
Download the Somnofit S manual here.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘hygiene products’) can only be returned if the hygienic seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.