Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoFit-S
$155.18 (incl. VAT)
In stock. Dispatched within 1-3 business days.
Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoFit-S
- Highly Effective: The SomnoFit-S is highly effective against snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat (tongue-based snoring) and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA). OSA occurs as a result of reduced muscle tone of the tongue and throat muscles, which causes them to relax too much, narrowing and blocking the airway whilst sleeping, especially when sleeping on the back. The SomnoFit-S is suitable for people with small to medium size jawbones. Important: If you suffer from sleep apnoea, please consult your physician (e.g. ENT or Pulmonary specialist) before purchasing the SomnoFit-S.
- How to Use: It is worn in the mouth overnight. It keeps your airway clear by gently moving your lower jaw (mandible) and, therefore, your tongue base forward (mandibular advancement), this allows the air to circulate freely during your sleep and prevents your tongue from partially blocking the back of your throat. The extent of mandibular advancement ranges between +0mm and 12mm (on average) and occurs in 8 stages. These stages calibrated by the length of band used (8 bands of different lengths included). Allows for free lateral movement.
- Great Comfort: Highly flexible snoring mouth guard which can be individually fitted to your teeth (through warming up the device in a water bath and taking a custom impression of your teeth). Fitting can be repeated multiple times and provides optimal wearing comfort. Nonirritating design. Considerably flatter than the predecessor model SomnoFit, thanks to its ultra-flat and elegant design, therefore even better wearing comfort.
- High-End: Made in Switzerland from solid, high-quality, medical-grade synthetics, free of plasticizers. Included in the delivery: Thermometer and bite fork for fitting process, ventilated, blue box storage box.
Recommendations: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) are recommended by the NHS for snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat.
You may also like…
Snoring Mouth Guard SomnoFit$80.93 In stock
Anti Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoGuard AP 2$161.93 In stock
Mouth Guard somnipax shield (for Mouth Snoring)$80.93 In stock
STAUDT Gel Against Arthritis, Joint Pain, Knee Pain, Shoulder Pain and Tennis Elbow (500 ml / 16.9 fl. oz)$47.18($9.44 / 100 ml)In stock
Anti Snore Pillow Piano$64.73 In stock
How to choose the right anti-snoring device
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline on how to choose the right anti-snoring device for your specific type of snoring.
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e. you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e. you are a tongue-based snorer), then SomnoFit-S is the right device for you. If you also snore while you sleep on the side, then chances are low that SomnoFit-S will help you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e. you are a mouth-based snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
- Total length of snoring mouthpiece (measured from back to the front): 1.8” (4.6 cm)
- Total width: 2.3” (5.8 cm), width of the ridge covering the teeth: max. 0.6” (1.5 cm)
- Height: max. 0.5” (1.2 cm)
- 8 mandibular advancement levels: +0 mm / +3 mm / +6 mm / +7.5 mm / +9 mm / +10.5 mm / + 12 mm (the actual value may deviate from the standard depending on the patient’s jaw)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average. Bruxism (teeth grinding) can reduce the durability significantly.
- Product contents: 2 snoring mouthpiece parts, 8 bands, ventilated storage box, floating thermometer, bite fork
The SomnoFit-S is suitable for small to medium sized jaws. If you are unsure whether the mandibular advancement device fits your jaw, we have a tip for you: Cut a square out of a thicker, clean cardboard box, just big enough to fit in your mouth and cover your teeth. Put the piece of cardboard in your mouth and bite hard on it once. Your jaw impression should now be clearly visible on the cardboard. You can now measure the length and width of your jaw impression with a ruler. Then compare these measurements with the width and length of the mandibular advancement device that we specified in the “Technical data” section. The length and width of the MAD should be at least 1 mm greater than the length and width of your jaw impression. If this is the case, then it is suitable for your jaw size.
Important Product Advice
Initially, the snoring mouthpiece may feel uncomfortable in your mouth. Usually, it takes about two to three weeks to get accustomed to the device and no longer perceive SomnoFit-S as a foreign body.
SomnoFit-S may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or large overbite,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable dental prosthesis, have dentures or dental bridges or have problems with the upper and lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you suffer from sleep apnoea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT).
Fitting & Cleaning Instructions
Adjustment can be made in several easy steps: Heat up a water bath and wait until the ideal temperature has been reached (thermometer included for measuring the temperature). Afterwards, immerse the upper jaw part of the snoring mouthpiece into the hot water bath and then use the bite fork to take it out again. Place it onto the upper teeth and press firmly (the material won’t be too hot for fitting after you took it out of the water bath). Repeat the procedure with the lower jaw piece . Once this is done, take one of the advancement bands and attach it to both parts of SomnoFit-S. This allows you to adjust the advancement properly – the shorter the band, the stronger the advance. Please follow the directions, which you will find in the enclosed instruction manual.
At night, simply place the snoring mouthpiece in your mouth. There the device will displace your mandible forward, thus preventing a constriction or even blockage of the respiratory tract – one of the main causes of snoring.
You can clean the Mandibular Advancement Device with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and use a toothbrush to clean the device in the solution. After maximum one minute , take the snoring mouthpiece out of the solution again and rinse with water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or gels (e. g. BONYplus tabs or the Curaprox-cleaner). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners, the ingredients may damage the surface of the snoring mouthpiece.
Download the Somnofit S manual here.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘personal hygiene products’) can only be returned if the packaging seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.