In stock. Dispatched in max. 1 business day.
Stop Snoring Mouthpiece SomnoGuard SP Soft
- Effective: Against tongue-based snoring and mild to moderate, position-dependent sleep apnoea. Important: Use for treatment of sleep apnoea only after consultation with a physician. (e.g., an ENT).
- How to Use: Highly flexible, two-piece anti snoring mouthpiece for lower and upper jaw is heated in a water bath and subsequently fitted to your teeth. Fitting can be repeated multiple times. Gently displaces the lower jaw forward (mandibular advancement) and keeps the airways clear, thereby effectively stopping tongue–based snoring. You can choose between 12 different mandibular advancement settings.
- Made in Germany: Manufactured from hypoallergenic, medical-grade synthetic material, free from plasticizers. SomnoGuard SP Soft comes with 12 pairs of spacers and replacement spacers, ventilated plastic storage box.
- Approved: FDA-cleared and CE-certified in the EU.
Recommendations: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) are recommended by the NHS for snoring caused by the tongue partially blocking the back of the throat.
You may also like…
How to choose the right anti-snoring device
Snoring may have very different causes and there is no device that covers all possible snoring causes (don’t be fooled by those who claim otherwise!). Here’s a short guideline on how to choose the right anti-snoring device for your specific type of snoring.
- If you snore because you cannot get enough air through your nose (i.e. you are a nasal snorer), try a nasal dilator such as somnipax breathe or our oxyhero pull nasal strips.
- If you only snore while you sleep on the back (i.e. you are a tongue-based snorer), then SomnoGuard SP Soft is the right device for you. If you also snore while you sleep on the side, then chances are low that SomnoGuard SP Soft will help you.
- If you only snore when your mouth is open (i.e., you are a mouth-based snorer), then you should consider the somnipax shield mouth guard (for mouth snoring). somnipax shield blocks mouth breathing and, therefore, stops mouth snoring effectively.
- 12 different mandibular advancement settings: 0 mm / 1 mm / 2 mm / 3 mm / 4 mm / 5 mm / 6 mm / 7 mm / 8 mm / 9 mm / 10 mm / 10+ mm
- Length: 1.7“ (4.4 cm)
- Width: 2.72“ (6.9 cm)
- Total Height: 1.14“ (2.9 cm)
- Widtht of the ridge covering the teeth: 0.75“ (1.9 cm)
- Lifespan: 18 – 24 months on average. Bruxism (teeth grinding) can reduces SnorBan‘s lifespan significantly.
If you are unsure whether the mandibular advancement device fits your jaw, we have a tip for you: Cut a square out of a thicker, clean cardboard box, just big enough to fit in your mouth and cover your teeth. Put the piece of cardboard in your mouth and bite hard on it once. Your jaw impression should now be clearly visible on the cardboard. You can now measure the length and width of your jaw impression with a ruler. Then compare these measurements with the width and length of the mandibular advancement device that we specified in the “Technical data” section. The length and width of the MAD should be at least 1 mm greater than the length and width of your jaw impression. If this is the case, then it is suitable for your jaw size.
Important Product Advice
Initially, the stop snoring mouthpiece may feel uncomfortable in the mouth. Usually, it takes about two to three weeks to get accustomed to the device and no longer perceive SomnoGuard SP Soft as a foreign body.
SomnoGuard SP Soft may not be suitable for you, if you
- have a protruding jaw or large overbite,
- suffer from pain in the jaw, loose teeth, a serious gum- or temporomandibular joint disease or other jaw issues,
- wear braces or a removable denture or have problems with the upper or lower front teeth,
- suffer from chronic asthma or epilepsy,
- are under the age of 18.
If one or more of these cases apply to you, please contact us or consult your dentist before you buy.
If you suspect that you are suffering from sleep apnoea, please buy and use this device only after consulting with a physician (for instance, your ENT-specialist).
Fitting & Cleaning Instructions
With SomnoGuard SP Soft, you can easily take a custom impression of your teeth. Place the upper mouthpiece of the SomnoGuard SP Soft in a hot water bath for about 3.5 minutes. Remove it and place the anti snoring mouthpiece over the upper teeth and press firmly. Repeat the procedure for the lower jaw. For further instructions, download the SomnoGuard SP Soft insert here
Before you go to bed, place the anti-snoring mouthpiece into your mouth and choose the mandibular advancement you would like to have – you can calibrate it in 1 mm steps between 0 mm and 10 mm advancement. We recommend to start with 4 or 5 mm advancement.
You can clean SomnoGuard SP Soft with mild soap and lukewarm water. Alternatively, add a little bit of mouthwash to a cup and clean the device in the solution with a toothbrush. After maximum one minute, take the mouthpiece out of the solution again and rinse with clear water. To achieve optimal cleaning results, you can also use special cleaning tablets or gels (e.g., BONYplus tabs or Curaprox cleaning gel). Do not use toothpaste or regular denture cleaners! The ingredients (in particular, toothpaste abrasives) may damage SomnoGuard’s surface.
SomniShop 30-day return policy
Regardless of your statutory right to cancel your order or return the product, you can return any product bought on SomniShop within 30 days of receiving the product as long as the product is complete, unused and undamaged. Products that are sealed for hygienic purposes (‘personal hygiene products’) can only be returned if the packaging seal has not been broken. You can find further details on our 30 day money back guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.